- Pilot project ensures kids are ready to learn
- How a smartphone may revolutionize eye care
- Eye See… Eye Learn: June 30th is important. Do you know why?
- Cataracts surgery in Canada: What you need to know according to the Canadian Journal of Optometry
- Perfect vision is possible says a BC Optometrist with Bionic Lens
Category Archives: Technology
An app developed by British ophthalmologists may soon change the lives of people living with poor vision but without access to care in remote communities. Clinical trials of the Portable Eye Examination Kit (Peek), which uses a smartphone camera equipped with a 3-D printed adaptor and an acuity app “to conduct eye examinations,” proved the …
The thought of having vision three times better than 20/20 may become a reality with a bionic implanted lens. “Patients would have perfect vision and that driving, progressive and contact lenses would become a dim memory as the eye-care industry is transformed” says Dr Garth Webb. Click here for the full story.